Now Enrolling for 2019-2020
We are currently enrolling for 2019-2020. Admission is on a first come, first served basis. Call 617-527-8539 or email today to schedule a visit. Applications are accepted until both classes are filled.
At the Children’s Cooperative Nursery School, we provide a secure and nurturing environment where each child can develop self confidence, independence, respect for others, and a joy for learning. This is accomplished through play, structured activities, and positive interactions with peers and adults. Our cooperative structure supports families, and allows parents to play an integral role in their child’s early education.
We are an independent, non-profit preschool located in the heart of Newton Center. Browse through the links above for more information and feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
- Four Day Class: 2 years 9 months old by August 31st of the year child enters school.
- Five Day Class: 4 years old by August 31st of the year child enters school.
The admissions process begins the year prior to intended enrollment. For example, for enrollment in September 2019, the process starts in the fall of 2018. The timetable is as follows:
- Admissions inquiries are made beginning in September. Prospective parents phone or email the school. In response, a representative from the school will contact each family to arrange an individualized tour.
- School tours begin in October. Conducted during school hours and hosted by parent volunteers, visits include an information session, a facilities tour, and an opportunity to meet teachers and see the classrooms in action. We consider this an integral part of the application process in helping to assure that the Children’s Coop is the right fit for each family.
- The submission of a written application and a tour of the school complete the application process. There is a $45 non-refundable application fee; $60 for twins.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Special consideration is given to siblings of former and currently enrolled students and to members of the church that leases space to the Coop. Our school is open to all, regardless of religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, cultural heritage, political beliefs, or marital status of parents. Financial assistance is available.
- Families will be notified of acceptance via email within two weeks of our receipt of the completed application. Enrollment contracts will be emailed at this time.
- Signed enrollment contracts are due back at the school within two weeks of the acceptance notification along with a $500 non-refundable deposit. This is a binding contract which secures the child’s place in the upcoming year’s class The deposit will be applied to the annual tuition cost.
- Contracts will be accepted until both classes are filled.
Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year:
Four Day Class: $6,900.00
Five Day Class: $7,700.00